The Bride

My head is churning, my stomach is growling. Not because of the heavy jewelry on the head or an empty stomach since afternoon. The situation is far more weirder, far more scarier. There are uncountable familiar faces in the room,looking at me as if i am one of Picasso's painted piece. The awe on their faces and their complimentary gestures have failed so far to make me any less curious. Curious about the next minutes. Curious about the life ahead.

I am the bride and i will be  marrying a complete stranger in the next few hours.Yes, its a total arranged affair which mostly is a case in a Pakistani household. Not that i never met the guy. Well i did.He got the looks, he speaks well and loves biryani very much. (I know the biryani part because he has asked me to learn to cook a good biryani for him.) That's about it. Basically. 

I went with my parents' instincts majorly because i trust their choice with all my zeal and zest. Atleast, my family believes so. They approved the boy and his family. I followed with a yes. So here i am in "laal jora"(the red dress), anxiously waiting to dive into a new life. Into a new home. Into a new family.

While i am thinking this all, i realize my face looks so horrid that before somebody notices, i should put a smile. So, *puts a smile*.A delusional, fake smile.Not that i am sad, not really! But yes, i am numb.Can't really feel the air. I hope it's normal.

I can hear my mum from a distance. It is most definitely the awaited signal of " Get ready. It's about time." There is this sudden cheers in the room.  All my girls, so excited to push me into this wedding well. I look at them from the corner of my eyes. You will all have to face this, one day guys.
But today is mine. So let's try to shun the negative vibes and look into the brighter side.Let's be that all smiley bride out of the magazine and pray everything will be alright. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me let you!

The war within...

"I see things..."