The wedding affair

Weddings in a country like Pakistan have become such a top notch affair. If you are a photographer, an event manager, a designer, a caterer or even a company who excels in providing a good music band, this is the right time to flourish. Trust me at this point of time, yours is the best profession one can ask for. The wedding affair by all means have become a collaboration of "it's a family thing" and "let's show the world how we do it". I personally believe if you have the money and desire, you can always look out for the fairy tale wedding and if you don't, avoid making hate comments on the photographers' official pages. You know who you are!


I have a wedding coming in my own household next year. So, as the tradition goes the plannings began long  time ago. Since there is a list of events accompanying the most important nikkah, the plannings are pretty much very meticulous. Pretty detailed. Pretty lengthy. Ah! The patience.

A friend of mine invited me on her "baat pakki" event recently. I thought it was a very cute affair. Nice intimate gathering of friends and family celebrating a union of two souls. However, they didn't really stop there. The event was followed by a week long of "dhokis". Trust me the wedding is sometimes next year. not even close. The thing that actually made me question the dholkis, was the theme everyone of them had. Well atleast i could finally prove it to my mom that i had too less clothes.

My father doesn't get the idea of bridal shower until today. All he had ever heard about was a baby shower. Well, i don't blame him. I have been to many bridal showers, the concept behind is still a mystery. But hey, since it is a norm, we got to follow it nevertheless. My sister has already decided a theme so no chance of evasion.

In my opinion, back in the days, things were simpler and more beautiful. A simple "mayoun" with a "girl's only" theme. Ha! A good one - week of dholkis and lots of dancing. A mehndi which was just an extention of the dholkis, followed by baraat and a valima. Believe me you, comparing this with the weddings now, it is by all means less and simple. Or i say, sufficient.

 Wedding, by all means is a very personal affair. A personal choice as to how it should be celebrated. No denial on that but the scenario today also communicates  competition. Competition between parties over better themes, better photography, better designer and better what not. It somehow dilutes the essence of a marriage.A beautiful experience that should be felt. But again we are so used to follow "what's in fashion", it has become hard to cut off from the society. And also, who doesn't like the drums rolling!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me let you!

The war within...

"I see things..."